Rock Climbing and Rapelling programs
We offer day-long outdoor rock climbing experiences for groups of 6-10 participants. Our instructors select locations that are suited for total beginners, but offer appropriate challenges for climbers with plenty of gym or outdoor experience.
Who and what?
Our Rock Climbing program is led by one of our lead guides, Trevor Provost, who is certified as a rock instructor with the Association of Canadian Mountain Guides, and works as a Rope and Mountain Rescue Team Leader with Campbell River SAR.
A day on the rock with our guides includes:
- All equipment is provided including shoes, harness, and helmet
- Professional instruction for
- climbing technique and safety
- proper belay technique
- rope skills and tie-in knot
- rapelling technique and skills
- Most importantly, our trusted guides provide a supportive environment for participants to step out and meet whatever challenges or fears are present on the rock.
If you have a group of 6-10 people and would like a day of challenge and excitement on the rocks with Zao, or you are a leader wanting to build the team of people you work with, get in touch with us. These programs are appropriate for ages 10-100.
We have a commercial recreation permit that lets us climb at Crest Crags in Strathcona Provincial Park, about 50 minutes West of Campbell River.
Additionally, we have run our rock and rappel programs at the sunny rock crags on Quadra Island which have seen extensive development in the last few years. This area involves a ferry ride from Campbell River, and offers easy trail access with beautiful views.
We also have the ability to use climbing areas at Comox Lake, Nanaimo, and Victoria. We can flex with your location and group needs.
We have an open-enrolment Rock Climbing Program scheduled:
- Victoria, BC - Humpback Rd area, south of Goldstream Park
- Space remaining. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- $20/person for the full day
- Age 10-13 with another registered adult
- Ages 14 and up without another adult